View Full Version : Please Help with new ECO 8
I have just upgraded to an ECO 8 from a Piccolo and am wondering about a cople of things
1) Is it normal for the frames to be so flimsy, mine flexes when any of the servos move
2) How do you setup for electronic mixing, I have a Futaba FF6 with Heli option although I am using it in Acro mode with mechanical mixing.
3) Is '30' sized training gear too heavy
4) How and to what setting do I set the main rota pitch to be
5) How much pitch should be set on the tail rota
6) What simulation in Real Flight Deluxe best emulates the ECO 8
Look on the bright side I managed to put it together !!!
Here are some answer from my little experiences with the eco8 (hovering only...)
The heli structure seems very loose and soft but it works, don't worry about that. Be very carefull with the tail tube !!!
I use a Graupner MC20 radio and the mixing is easy to set up if you choose a 90° standard mixing mode (you just have to forget 1 servo)
I do not use the mechanical mixer
IKARUS has a little tool to measure and adjust the pitch, worth a try... My eco8 is OK with this setting.
If you want to use a training gear, you can build one with 2 carbon rods and 4 "sponge balls" (just go to the closest beach and you'll see what I mean...)
Tail pitch : build as the plans and you'll need no trimming.
Good luck with your new baby !
1) Yes the plastic frames are flimsey but control is still good. After I break them in a crash, I will replace them with the CF ones I got from Stefan.
3) Probably not. But I recomend carbon tubes with ping pong balls CAed to the ends. My are Avia sport 0.230 inch kite tubes, 1.5 oz total up weight.
4) For now: low stick 0 deg, mid-throtle stick 5-6 deg and full stick about 10 deg pitch.
6) Harder than the What Not. Easier than the 0.30 with the training sticks on. Now this is comparing to my VERY mildly set-up ECO 8.
Two wheel collars all the way out on each flybar AND Exponential set at 25 negative on my Futaba Super 8 Tx.
Gordon - Hope this helps. It may be tough going with the mech. mix - but I never tried it.
I am trying to locate an Ali swash plate upgrade, but the whole of the UK seems to be out of stock and the main importers, Perkins, do not expect any stock until the first week in December.
Thanks for all your help
[This message has been edited by Gordon (edited 11-17-2000).]
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.